A Dream Factory Chapter can be established in any community, regardless of location or size. All that is required is a group of dedicated people willing to give their time and talents to help dreams come true for children in their community.
It is important to note that Dream Factory is a volunteer organization and The Dream Factory Chapters operate with no paid staff.
If you are interested in serving as the volunteer leader of a new chapter, the National Headquarters of The Dream Factory will provide the appropriate direction, information, and materials to begin operation. The volunteer leader – commonly referred to as Area Coordinator – will serve as supervisor for the chapter’s day-to-day operations and as the liaison with the National Headquarters.
To begin the process of establishing a new Dream Factory Chapter:
- Contact The Dream Factory National Headquarters to inform them of your desire to establish a new chapter.
- Begin to assemble a core group of volunteers to serve as officers of the chapter. (Consideration should be given to the importance of including an attorney, accountant, and physician in this core group.)
- Complete the Chapter Contract which will be produced and forwarded to you by the National Headquarters and return it as soon as possible. This documentation authorizes you to operate as a Dream Factory Chapter, within the bylaws of our organization. After your signed contract is received by the National Headquarters, you will be sent a copy of the Standard Operating Procedures Manual and other appropriate documents to assist in your chapter’s development.
- Secure a local address and telephone number to which interested volunteers, dream applicants, and donors can be referred.
- Establish an account in the Dream Factory’s name at a local bank in conjunction with National Headquarters.
- Hold a general organization meeting to stimulate interest in The Dream Factory in your community and identify potential volunteers. A representative of the National Headquarters will attend this meeting to answer questions, provide appropriate direction and help you on the way to granting your chapter’s first wish.
IF YOU HAVE THE TIME AND DESIRE TO MAKE DREAMS COME TRUE IN YOUR COMMUNITY, CALL OUR NATIONAL HEADQUARTERS TODAY!